1993 Volvo 245
I bought this car from my parents in June 2009, after they upgraded to a 1997 S90 (960 sedan) and I sold my 1985 245 Turbo. The car looks good, as you can see in the pictures below, and was very well maintained. In the last 30,000 miles, it has had about $600 of suspension work – genuine Volvo bushings all around, Sachs Advantage shocks and struts, turbo sway bars with new bushings, etc. It’s also had all the fluids flushed (transmission, brakes, differential, steering), distributor cap & rotor, spark plug wires, a new interstate battery, a new tailgate wiring harness, and a new windshield.
Being that it’s a 1993, it has such features as engine piston oil squirters (L-block), anti-lock brakes (ABS), r134a air conditioning, drivers-side airbag (SRS), black door handles, power heated mirrors, heated seats, rear headrests, LH 2.4 fuel injection and the M47 manual transmission with a nice 3.31:1 rear end. Not the fastest car in the world, but the gas mileage is a huge improvement over my old 245, which got a max of about 20 in town and 25 on the freeway.
- Front springs: IPD / TME sport
- Rear springs: IPD / TME sedan overload
- Sway bars: IPD 25mm (front & rear)
- Upper braces: IPD / Cherry Turbo strut tower brace, IPD GT corner braces
- Lower braces: IPD GT candybar braces
- Shocks: Sachs Advantage
- Bushings: Rubber / Poly mix
- IPD non-turbo sport exhaust from header, K&N air filter
- Window tint: 35% front two windows, 18% on everything else
- Headlights: FCP / DJ Auto e-code kit with H4/9003 Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs
- Fog lights: Bosch H3 Amber (made in Sweden!) with Volvo wiring / relay /switch kit
- 15″x6″ Virgo turbo wheels